Corrective Jaw Surgery
Corrective Jaw Surgery, designed to correct skeletal conditions of the dentofacial deformities related to growth, sleep apnea, TMJ disorders, bite- related problems.
The complex jaw deformities and its corrections using braces followed by surgical corrections are under taken at Kamala Dental Specialty Hospital. In jaw surgeries, the bone is modified and realigned to correct a dentofacial disharmony. Dr.Segin Chandran (Chief Surgeon) evaluates and suggest the treatment plan and his expertise in this field is widely accepted. Our Maxillofacial Surgeon and the Orthodontist will closely formulate a treatment plan using various feasibility studies.
Patients will be able to get back to the normalcy of function and aesthetics in a short period of time with long lasting, stable results for their lifetime. The most commonly done cosmetic jaw surgical procedures are:
The most commonly done cosmetic jaw surgical procedures are:
- Le fort 1
- Anterior maxillary osteotomy
- Combination of both
- Bilateral sagittal split osteotomy
Cosmetic jaw surgery may involve one of these surgical procedures or a combination depending upon the excessive growth or deficiency of bone in their particular skeletal zone.
- Le Fort 1 surgery is indicated when there is an excessive or deficient growth of the upper jaw or it’s deviation in one or multiple planes.
- Anterior maxillary osteotomy: when the deformity is confined only to the anterior maxilla and the consequent gummy smile is so severe, a segmental surgery called anterior maxillary osteotomy (AMO) is done.
- A Combination of both surgical procedures
- BSSO: when the deformity is defined as a protrusive, recessive and/or a deviation of the lower jaw, a versatile procedure termed as BSSO is done, in which the lower teeth and jaw are realigned thus restoring their symmetry and adequate proportions.
- Genioplasty: A person with recessive chin may complain about protruded upper front teeth and might consult the dental office for the same. At times, this relative protrusion needs a correction of the chin rather than pushing the upper teeth behind. Genioplasty is the cosmetic procedure where we can correct the protrusion, retrusion and deviation of the lower chin.